Friday, August 29, 2008

August 29, 2008

So, the spa opened officially on Monday. There are several details pending, well, like we’re still waiting on the rest of the curtains and still need some furniture, but it’s coming along nicely. We’ve had minimal clients until yesterday, when we had about 7 throughout the day, which is quite good so far I think. We still have to get some services up and running (there’s some glitch with the steamroom, but the sauna works just fine).

I had 2 clients yesterday, a tourist and a local (I get more of a cut for the tourists as the locals get a seriously discounted rate). The tourists were a NY family had just flown back from Isabela (mind you, most people take a boat, in fact, I didn’t even know Isabela had an airport, so they must be very comfortable in the pocket). The mother was one of those impossible to please types, but all in all, I think everyone was satisfied.

And here’s a strange thing, I now have a case of tennis elbow, in my RIGHT arm, which is NOT the arm I had it in last year. I hope to get some gua sha, even if it’s self treated, and maybe search to see if I have a trigger point, as after I treated a TP in my left arm, I never had the pain again.

I bought season 1 of The Wire to keep me occupied, only to find it would take about 20 hours to download the first 3 (of 13) episodes. I had no idea the files were so large, or maybe more to accurately, I had no idea the internet here was so slow compared to home. I tried to set it up to download overnight last night, and I couldn’t even get the internet to connect. That said, at least now I’m not paying for it, so you are free to send emails, it doesn’t cost me to reply online now or even from my blackberry! Woohoo!

And, as you may have guessed, yes, we had another despedida last night as Max is headed back to London via Quito today. Boy, it never ends. Here are a few pix of Max, Nina and me.


I’m still home alone, as my roommate is still in Quito for holiday, and will return this Sunday. It’s peaceful, and I’ve been getting in a lot of reading and beach time (even if it’s overcast!).

Finally, I think I’ve given up on the war of the ants…they win! What harm is a little extra protein in my cereal anyway? I draw the line at my toothbrush, but other than that, well, I’ve officially stopped fighting!

No comments: