Tuesday, August 19, 2008

August 16, 1008 Update

Ok, I know I promised these wouldn't be very frequent, but I'm dying here! After not watching TV for the first 3 weeks I was here, a disaster of catastrophic proportions has struck as we just lost cable on the entire island of Santa Cruz this last Thur, August 14 and are told it will be down 2-3 weeks as the island changes cable companies (apparently the didn't pay the cable bill, or were getting some bootleg signal, I don't know, but it's all quite scandalous) and just in time for the school break when I'll be home all alone while my roommate heads to Quito! What am I going to do with out the subtitled Friends and Two and a Half Men repeated episodes?! Could it be any worse!?

SHOPPING: Yes, one thing I hate is shopping and it seems that I have to do the food shopping nearly every day. One rare thing, I found jalapeño Pringles, and Budweiser, go figure! The reason to have to shop every day is because you may not find all you need on the first trip, so you have to keep going back in hopes "the boat came" and they got new stock. BARS: Can't remember if I mentioned there are really only 2 bars (Limón and Bonbo), and yet I only noticed that Bongo actually has Heinekin! The only other beer is Pilsener, but it cheaply goes for $2 or 2.50, while my vodka coke copa goes for a pricey $5.00.

SLEEPING: I may have already mentioned all the wildlife here, dogs, roosters, cats, and now our house has rats or mice, not sure which, but thankfully I am a pretty solid sleeper. One thing for sure here, you can't be a light sleeper on Galapagos!

Ok, going out to confirm my trip to Bartolome for tomorrow. You can expect those pictures shortly, and maybe more updates as I'll have only the internet to keep me occupied! LOL

No comments: